Friday, September 14, 2012

Mommy, Can I Keep Him?

As some of you know, we participate in many clinical trials at The Veterinary Cancer Center (VCC). One of our current patients, a Golden Retriever named Finnegan, is currently participating in one of our clinical trials. This specific trial is one month long and there are weekly treatments and blood work. Unfortunately, Finnegan’s owners live about four hours away, so he has been staying with us for the duration of his treatments.

I had the opportunity to take Finn home one night—the owner was so pleased that her dog could go home with me. It was such a wonderful experience to have Finn at our home, he brought such joy to me and my son. Finn is an amazing dog! He is 11 years old and you would never know it with the amount of energy he has. He will take any attention he can get.

Finnegan’s stay with us is coming to an end and it is a bitter sweet moment for me and I’m sure everyone here at The VCC. After coming in every morning for a month and seeing his adorable face and wagging tail it’s going to be hard for all of us when he leaves. He has an amazing family and I’m sure they’ve missed him very much and will be happy to have him home. I hope we get to see him again and we wish him and his family all the best.

Kim Strazza - Senior Technician
The Veterinary Cancer Center




No comments:

Post a Comment