Monday, February 23, 2015

Bailey’s Story - Our Journey with Hemangiosarcoma

Bailey was an amazing dog.  A German Shepherd mix, she was strong, loyal and loving…and taking care of her family was her number one priority.  I would joke that she was my shadow – accompanying me to the bathroom, following me into the kid’s rooms in the middle of the night when they were sick, licking my face when she knew I needed a little extra love.  She was an incredibly special dog and healthy all her life.  And then one morning everything changed, a few weeks shy of her 11th birthday.
 It was Saturday morning, September 24th, 2011 and the family was up early getting ready to hit the road for a weekend away.  I noticed only our other dog, Misty, was down in the kitchen with me so when my husband came down, I asked him where Bailey was.  He said she was laying at the top of the stairs and I immediately knew something was not right.  When I got to her, her breathing was labored and she couldn’t stand up.  Her gums were white.  We got her into the car and raced her to the emergency hospital where they quickly diagnosed a ruptured spleen.  They performed emergency surgery to stop the bleeding but we knew the odds were now against us.  A few days later, the biopsy returned and our hearts broke – Bailey  had hemagiosarcoma, a deadly, aggressive form or canine cancer and her outlooks was bleak – 2-3 months without any treatments, 6-9, maybe a year, if we did chemo.
But we refused to give up and a few days later, we had our first visit at the Veterinary Cancer Center. She had been through so much, but after meeting with the doctors we were confident they would do everything they could to give her as much quality time as possible – and that was important.  We didn’t just want her to have time – we wanted her to be full of life, chasing squirrels, stealing pizza crusts, playing with the kids and tearing up the yard with her sister, Misty.  And with their amazing care, she defied the odds.  She lived for three more amazing years – and died just shy of her 14thbirthday.  And those years were just as incredible as her first 11 before cancer struck.    Bailey’s passing was still devastating to our family, but we knew she lived an amazing life and we knew we did everything we could to ensure she had as much time as possible.
Thanks to the amazing doctors at Veterinary Cancer Center, they gave us three more years with our beloved dog! We hope her story gives hope to other families who are faced with this terrible prognosis.
Tags: 

3 comments:

  1. i was diagnose with genital warts,last six months which finally shows out! i had hpv. for very long time i suffered for the virus and i was told there is no hpv cure. except treatment to control it i just fill killing my self because there was no hope all i could think loosing my life because it was so embarrass for been hpv patient. about few weeks ago i read possible natural cure on line which was guarantee and i purchased it. after two weeks taking herbal treatment the hpv got eliminated by killing all symptoms and the warts in my genital area disappeared. it so amazing i got ride to the hpv. i so much like to shear this testimony to every article for others living with hpv there is possible natural herbs to eliminate it. email Dr onokun for help. his herbal clinic address; dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got hpv from my boyfriend  and i was trying all i could do to get rid of this virus over 4 months now i have taking a lot of drugs from different medical doctor which didn't work at all, last month i was doing some research on google on how to get cured totally from this virus i found someone testimony on how she got cured totally from hpv with the help of doc. onokun  natural herbs and she drop doc onokun email address, So i decide to give him a try and i contact him for help he told how to purchase the natural herbs and i did that, Do you believe i only took this herbs for 2 weeks and i got cured permanently from the hpv virus without no side effect. Thank you so much doc onokun for the help i will make sure i tell the whole world about you. contact him if you need his help too  via: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 61 years old. I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr Onokun herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr. Onokun he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr. Onokun make it possible for me. Here is Dr. Onokun email: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or page at: https://www.facebook.com/naturaltreatmentcenter1 or WhatsApp him via +1 ( 323 ) 689 3594 he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.

    ReplyDelete